On this tour you will tour the city of Kigali, you will also visit historical sites in Kigali and carry out golden monkey tracking. On the second day of this tour you will visit the Volcanoes National Park for a Gorilla tracking as the prime activity.
- Cultural tour
- Gorilla tracking
- Golden monkey
Day 1: City Tour & Historical-Cultural sites
Day 2: Gorilla Tracking
Day 3: Golden Monkey and Airport transfer
Day 1: Historical-Cultural Site Tours
Start historical-minded exploration of Kigali city with visits to landmarks from colonial, post-independence, genocide and post-genocide times such as the Kigali Genocide memorial site where over 259,000 genocide victims were put to rest in mass graves, Dr. Richard Kandt Museum who was the first Germany explorer to settle in Kigali, Belgian camp where they killed the 10 Belgian UN soldiers who were protecting the moderate prime minister before the start of genocide etc.
Transfer to Bugesera in the afternoon to visit Nyamata and Ntarama genocide churches where thousands of innocent people were butchered in the house of God. Transfer to Musanze – Volcanoes National Park.
Accommodation: Gorilla Hotel.
Day 2: Gorilla Tracking
Brief of the day: Early breakfast at 6 am then transfer to the park at 7 am for briefings and grouping. Option to visit Buhanga forest in the afternoon where all the Rwanda kings were initiated or Kinigi Cultural Village for traditional dances and music, bio-mimicry and traditional healing lessons.
Volcanoes National Park:
After breakfast, we transfer to the park. After completing our park formalities, we embark on a once in a life time experience of tracking mountain gorillas.
Once you spot them you are allowed to spend an hour watching your closest long lost cousin. This is perhaps one of the most breathtaking wildlife experiences on earth!!! You get so close to these awesome giant primates. You stare at each other blankly not knowing who to break the long silence first. Tracking the gorillas through the light mountain forest on the slopes of the Virunga is a magical experience.
Be back at the base in time for lunch! Some gorilla families however are more elusive and tracking can take a full day, especially when it is wet and muddy.
Accommodation: Gorilla hotel
Day 3: Golden Monkeys & Airport Transfer
Return to the entrance of the Park early in the morning to see the Golden Monkeys. It is now believed that they are the only feasible population of Golden Monkeys residing in Volcanoes National Park. They are beautiful and endangered primates which have become quite habituated to humans, making it possible to observe them closely. After lunch at the Lodge, you will be transferred to Kigali and then dropped off at Kigali International Airport.
|No of Persons||Rate per Person|
Tour Package Includes:
- Airport transfers
- Full board Accommodation ( all meals inclusive)
- Kigali city tour & reconciliation village educational tours,
- Park entry fees
- Thrilling Gorilla Trekking Permits & Golden Monkey
- Historical – cultural site tours
- Ground transport
- Professional driver guides & trekking guides
- Taxes and Administrative costs.
Tour Package Excludes:
- Visa fees
- Health & travel insurance
- Personal expenses on alcoholic drinks, laundry, tips and phone expenses.
- The above rates are based on contract rates of the current period. A final quote will be provided upon confirmation
- The rates quoted are non commissionable
- The above is a tentative quote, confirmation of rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking
- Reservation request on hold will be considered as confirmed booking
- Quotes may change without prior notice, whether there is any fluctuation in prices
- Transfers and tours will be according to the itinerary provided at the time of booking.