Lake Mburo National Park is found in Western Uganda It’s the smallest of Uganda’s Savannah national parks at 260 square kilometers and the only park that doesn’t habitat carnivores and elephants. The park also has camp grounds and permanent tent facilities for visitors. Lake Mburo National Park is the closest to Kampala compared to all the national parks in Uganda.
The park has a variety of wildlife such as zebras, hippopotamuses, crocodiles, impalas, warthogs and over three hundred (300) bird species and for the birding enthusiasts, this is close to paradise. It is the only place in Uganda that supports massive herds of “impalas”. Kampala city derives its name from here. Other antelopes to be seen are topi, bushbuck, common duiker, oribi, Defassa waterbuck and Bofor reedbuck.
- Game drive
- Boat ride
- Nature walk
- DAY 1: Arrival at Entebbe
- DAY 2: Transfer to Lake Mburo national park
- DAY 3: Do a morning game drive and afternoon boat cruise
- DAY 4: Depart for Entebbe
Day 1: Arrival at Entebbe
Arrival at Entebbe International Airport where you will find the StarMount Safaris driver/tour guide waiting for you. He will then drive you to the Imperial Resort Hotel where you will be checked in for the night.
Accommodation: Imperial Resort Hotel
Meal Plan: Breakfast
Day 2: Transfer to Lake Mburo National park
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning after your breakfast and commence on your journey to the National park. We shall have a lunch stop in Lyantonnde at Sky Blue Motel( not included in the cost). Arrival at Lake Mburo N.P check-in at the lodge. Experience a cultural encounter from the local residents (Banyankole Bahima) and other activities of your choice like horse rides and bush bikes.
Accomodation: Mhingo Lodge
Meal Plan: Dinner
Day 3: Game Drive and Boat Cruise
You will have an early breakfast at 06:30 a.m. and then start with your first activity of a game drive at 07:00 HRS. This is the best time of the day to see most of the wildlife. The drive will take three hours. After the drive, you will have lunch then go for a boat cruise where we explore the wildlife on eastern banks of Lake Mburo on a two hour boat cruise. On the cruise we shall see crocodiles, buffaloes and hippos as well as colorful Kingfishers, magnificent Fish Eagles, Hammerkops and their enormous nests and even the prehistoric-looking Shoebill.
Accommodation: Mhingo Lodge
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4: Depart for Entebbe
You will have breakfast by 7:00 am and go for a nature walk at your own leisure time around the park and in the Rubanga Forest which is a great opportunity to sight forest birds and mammals, and walk to the top of the hill where you will be rewarded with a spectacular view of 9 of the region’s 14 lakes. After the walk, you will have lunch and then depart for Kampala. We shall take an optional visit to the Conservation Education Centre, near Sanga Gate and also visit the craft stalls. You will take pictures of the equator monuments on either side of the road on your way back to Entebbe.
Meal Plan Breakfast, Lunch
|No of Persons||Rate per Person|
Tour Package Includes
- Accommodation in Standard Rooms in safari lodges/camps and hotel facilities as mentioned in the itinerary.
- On the ground transport in 4X4 Mini Van with pop-up roofs for game viewing
- Game drives, excursions and sight-seeing activities (if any) as described above
- Activities (if any) as outlined in detailed itinerary
- Transfers as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Services of an English-speaking driver/tour guide
- Bottled water whilst on safari (2 half-litre bottles per person per day)
Tour Package Excludes
- Personal expenses such travel and medical insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including water, soft drinks, luxury champagne, spirits or meals not included in the itinerary
- Gratuity for porterage/ waiters at hotels, camps and airports
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide
- Cost of obtaining Visas ($50)
- Any optional tours and excursions not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- International Airfare
- The above rates are based on contract rates of the current period. A final quote will be provided upon confirmation
- The rates quoted are non commissionable
- The above is a tentative quote, confirmation of rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking
- Reservation request on hold will be considered as confirmed booking
- Quotes may change without prior notice, whether there is any fluctuation in prices
- Transfers and tours will be according to the itinerary provided at the time of booking.