On this safari tour, you will be able to see rhinos, lions, hippos, crocodiles and many more wild animals. This safari is action packed from beginning to end. You will experience the best wildlife and sightseeing Uganda has to offer. Also you will get to visit the source of the Nile!
Heading north from Kampala, this itinerary takes you through villages and small towns over relatively flat savannah and agricultural terrain stopping at the rhino sanctuary on the way to the park where the rest of your adventure awaits you.
- Rhino Sanctuary
- Morning Game Drive
- Boat Cruise
Day 1: Arrive in Uganda
Day 2: Zziwa Rhino Sanctuary to Murchison Falls National Park
Day 3: Game Drive & Boat Safari
Day 4: Transfer back to Entebbe via Kampala
Day 1: Arrival in Uganda
You will be met on arrival at the airport by driver/guide from StarMount Safaris. You will be transferred to Imperial Beach Resort for your over night stay. You will be picked up early in the morning for your second day activities.
Accommodation: Imperial Beach Resort
Meal Plan: Breakfast
Day 2: Zziwa Rhino Sanctuary via Murchison Falls
Your driver/guide will pick you up at 8.00 a.m. and you will then head north to Zziwa Rhino Sanctuary. The Rhino sanctuary founded in 1998, works to reintroduce black and white rhinos into Uganda. They run a breeding program and educate communities on these endangered giants, the problem of poaching and the need for environmental conservation.
At the Rhino Sanctuary you will have a safari-hike to the rhinos which will give you the opportunity to view them at close range.
After visiting the rhinos, you will have lunch at Kabalega dinner, 3km from the sanctuary (lunch cost not inclusive). After lunch you will then continue to Uganda's largest national park, Murchison Falls National Park. You will enter the park through the northern gate where you will see plenty of baboons on your way to the lodge. Estimated journey time is 8 hours.
Accommodation: Paraa Safari Lodge
Meal Plan: Dinner
Day 3: Game Drive & Boat Safari
You will get up for an early breakfast and have an early start on your game drive through the national park while the animals are most active. In the morning hours animals are active, the sun is not yet so bright and temperatures are cooler, this is the best time to spot wild animals. Your game drive will be in the northern part of the park. A drive through the park brings you closer to the animals; elephants, giraffes, buffaloes, lions, leopards, different species of antelopes and many tropical birds. They are all found in Murchison Falls!
In the afternoon, you take a boat safari towards the base of Murchison Falls. Carefully watched by crocodiles, hundreds of hippos, buffaloes, water birds and all the other thirsty wildlife that the Nile attracts, your boat will arrive to the bottom of the 43-meter-high Murchison Falls, which approaches you with a thunderous sound.
Accommodation: Paara Safari Lodge
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4: Transfer to Entebbe via Kampala
You wake up at leisure and enjoy your breakfast. After lunch at the lodge you will check out to drive to the top of the falls then depart for Kampala/ continue to Entebbe International airport for check in and travel back home.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch
|No of Persons||Rate per Person|
Tour Package Includes
- Accommodation in a Standard Rooms at a safari lodges/camps and hotel facilities as mentioned in the itinerary.
- On the ground transport in a Safari Mini-Vans with a pop-up roofs for game viewing as per your choosing
- Game drives, excursions and sight-seeing activities (if any) as described above
- Activities (if any) as outlined in detailed itinerary
- Transfers as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Services of an English-speaking driver/tour guide
- Bottled water whilst on safari (2 half-litre bottles per person per day)
Tour Package Excludes
- Personal expenses such as air travel and medical insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including water, soft drinks, luxury champagne, spirits or meals not included in the itinerary
- Gratuity for porterage/ waiters at hotels, camps and airports
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide
- Cost of obtaining Visas ($50)
- Any optional tours and excursions not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- International Airfare
- The above rates are based on contract rates of the current period. A final quote will be provided upon confirmation
- The rates quoted are non commissionable
- The above is a tentative quote, confirmation of rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking
- Reservation request on hold will be considered as confirmed booking
- Quotes may change without prior notice, whether there is any fluctuation in prices
- Transfers and tours will be according to the itinerary provided at the time of booking.