Queen Elizabeth National Park is described by many as the most popular park in Uganda. It lies in the west of the Great African rift valley and bordered by the Rwenzori Mountains (also known as Mountains of the Moon). There are over 95 mammal including 10 primate species (chimpanzees, velvet, blue, red-tailed, L’Hoest monkey, colobus, baboons), upto 20 predators (lion, leopard, spotted hyena, etc), antelopes, buffaloes, hippos, elephants and over 600 bird species. The Park incorporates dozens crater-lakes, salty and fresh water lakes, views of Kazinga Channel and the endless Ishasha plains whose fig trees hide lions ready to hunt herds of Uganda Kobs.
- Morning Game Drive
- Boat Ride on the Kazinga Channel
- Tree Climbing Lions
- Day 1: Arrival in Uganda
- Day 2: Drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 3: Game Drive & Boat Ride along the Kazinga Channel
- Day 4: Drive to Entebbe & Departure
Day 1: Arrival in Uganda
You arrive at Entebbe International Airport where a representative or driver/guide from StarMount Safaris will welcome you to the Pearl of Africa and transfer you to your hotel.
Accommodation: Imperial Beach Resort
Meal Plan: Breakfast
Day 2: Drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park
You are up at 6.00 am. Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel and be ready to commence your transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park at 6.30 am. The 7-hour drive takes you through Uganda's leafy central plains - driving through tea plantations in or near Fort Portal town, before heading down into the rift valley, with the Rwenzori Mountain ranges in the distance on your right and the rift valley on the left. On arrival, you will check-in at your chosen lodge and enjoy a late lunch. After lunch, you can relax at the lodge and later visit Katwe Crater Lake where local people have mined for salt for centuries.
Accommodation: Mweya Safari Lodge
Meal Plan: Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Game Drive & Boat Ride along the Kazinga Channel
After an early breakfast at 6.00am, your guide together with a game ranger will take you on a game drive to the northern sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park through the Kasenyi track in search for lions, hyenas, buffaloes, leopard, water buck, bush bucks, Uganda Kob plus many bird species including ibis, fish eagles and vultures etc. You will head back to your lodge for relaxation and lunch.
After lunch, you will embark on a boat cruise along the Kazinga channel – a natural channel that connects Lakes George and Edward. On the cruise, view great numbers of wildlife including elephants, crocodiles, hippos, buffaloes and large numbers of birds like eagles, kingfishers, eaglets converging at the channel waters to enjoy a sip of the natural waters. You will then be driven back to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Accommodation: Mweya Safari Lodge
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4: Drive to Entebbe & Departure
After breakfast on our last day and at leisure, you check out of the lodge and begin your transfer back to Kampala. Travelling via Mbarara this time, you will have a chance to view the beautiful vegetation down below at the rift valley escarpment. Nearer Kampala, you will stop-over at the Equator Crossing, where the imaginary line that divides the earth into two halves passes. Here you do photo shoots, watch water swirls in opposite directions in the northern & southern hemispheres at the equator line and purchase of souvenirs from your Ugandan safari. You will then be dropped off at your accommodation or the airport for your flight.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch en route
|No. of person||Rate per Person|
- Accommodation in Standard Rooms in safari lodges/camps and hotel facilities as mentioned in the itinerary.
- On the ground transport in 4X4 vehicle with pop-up roofs for game viewing
- Game drives, excursions and sight-seeing activities (if any) as described above
- Activities (if any) as outlined in detailed itinerary
- Transfers as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Services of an English-speaking driver/tour guide
- Bottled water whilst on safari (2 half-litre bottles per person per day)
- Personal expenses such travel and medical insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including water, soft drinks, luxury champagne, spirits or meals not included in the itinerary
- Gratuity for porterage/ waiters at hotels, camps and airports
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide
- Cost of obtaining Visas ($50)
- Any optional tours and excursions not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- International Airfare
· The above rates are based on contract rates of the current period. A final quote will be provided upon confirmation
· The rates quoted are non commissionable
· The above is a tentative quote, confirmation of rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking
· Reservation request on hold will be considered as confirmed booking
· Quotes may change without prior notice, whether there is any fluctuation in prices
· Transfers and tours will be according to the itinerary provided at the time of booking.