Ssezibwa Falls is a Buganda Cultural Heritage Site found in Mukono District. It's situated 20 miles on the Kampala – Jinja Highway, about 1.5 km off the main highway. The Falls preserve an ancient African culture and they have been a site of traditional cultural rituals of Buganda believers for ages.
Ssezibwa Falls is a popular destination for exciting nature adventures as well as cultural experiences. The Ssezibwa cultural site is a hidden cultural treasure with a number of traditional attachments. Your visit to the falls will be rewarded with refreshing views of the waterfalls stumbling over the rocks with a gush, a lush green environment, an impressive bird life & wildlife, beautiful rocks, and a serene, peaceful and cool atmosphere.
Griffin Falls Camp is located at the edge of a vast trail system in beautiful Mabira Forest. After a 30-minute walk through the pristine rain forest, you will reach the breathtaking Griffin Falls. No matter what your interests are, you'll never run out of ways to enjoy the beautiful forest. After an amazing experience in the forest, you can feel good about where your money ends up because all the profits from Griffin Falls Camp are put into sustainable development projects in the villages in and around Mabira Forest.t.
You will experience the Mabira Forest canopy and this is the first of its kind in Uganda. The Mabira Forest Canopy Super Skyway is a canopy "zip-line" system that sends you soaring between the tallest trees in the rain-forest. The zip-line is located 44 kms East of Kampala City, outside of Lugazi town at the Griffin Falls Camp, the skyway you get to experience a fun-filled adventure.
- Ssezibwa Falls
- Zip Lining in Mabira Forest
Day 1 - Ssezibwa Falls & Zip Lining
Tips on: What to carry.
- Hiking boots
- Personal Medication
- Light Clothing (sweaters, hats)
1 Day Ssezibwa Falls & Zip-Lining
This 1-day adventure tour we will encounter visits to 2 major sites. You will enjoy the journey to the Eastern side of Uganda on Jinja highway passing through tea plantations, sugar plantations, and colorful roadside fruit and vegetable markets.
Your driver/guide will pick you from your hotel at 8.00 am to commence your tour to Griffin Falls Camp.
We will make the first stop at the Ssezibwa falls where we will do some sightseeing. While at the falls you view the river emerging from the thickets, stumbling over the sharp rocks & plunges into a whirlpool. You will have an opportunity to take some pictures before continuing on a very calm course. We shall also take short walking trails around Ssezibwa where you can explore more of the beautiful surroundings and sight beautiful wildlife and sceneries.
A stopover will be made at Namawojolo where you will buy some drinks and snacks at your own convenience then proceed for the journey to Lugazi town.
The last stop will be at the Griffin Falls Camp that is located in Mabira Forest, 10km from Lugazi town. Here we shall experience a skyway adventure. You will be led to pass through ancient trees by experienced sky captains/sky guides across a network of 5 zip-lines that stretch 250 meters across River Musamya. High up in the canopies you will be able to enjoy a view of the forest layers, mammals like grey-cheeked mangabeys and red-tailed monkeys, birds like palm nut vultures, African fish eagles, great blue turacos, and the roaring griffin falls, going for this zip-line can make you have a memorable day.
Enjoy lunch in Mabira Forest at the Griffin Falls Camp Restaurant. After Lunch, you will take a walk around the camp and given ample time to take pictures, return to the base to board the vehicle and depart for Kampala.
Expect to arrive back in Kampala by 6.00 pm, drop-off at the hotel.
Mean Plan: Lunch
|No of Persons||Mid-Range-(RPPS)||Luxury-(RPPS)|
- Government tax
- 1 liter of bottled water
- Entry fees
- All the activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Transfer in a 4x4 vehicle
- An English speaking driver/guide
- Any personal expenses and items not on the inclusion list
- Items of personal nature
- The above rates are based on contract rates of the current period. A final quote will be provided upon confirmation
- The rates quoted are noncommissionable
- The above is a tentative quote, confirmation of rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Reservation request on hold will be considered as a confirmed booking
- Quotes may change without prior notice, whether there is any fluctuation in prices.
- Transfers and tours will be according to the itinerary provided at the time of booking
- We accept payment by Bank Wire Transfer, Visa, MasterCard and American Express, Cash, EFT.
- Credit Card payments attract a 4% banking fees surcharge (please include it in your payment to us).
- If paying by EFT, bank wire transfer, please note that there will be additional bank charges that will be communicated as and when required.